I am a Mathematics teacher based in Liverpool in the process of finishing my Teachiung qualification alongside an MA in Education to help further my understanding of teaching and education in this ever changing world. I have wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember and take personal pride in helping others reach their goals In order to further their academic career.
I recently spent one year teaching abroad in Vietnam followed by a year of teaching at university level for the Univesaity of Liverpool. I have had the privilege of working with a variety of students and age groups from high school through to university. I specialise in low confidence students and have a strong personal drive to see my students succeed both inside and outside of the classroom. My teaching style is a mixture of flipped and active learning with the aim of creating not just a successful student but also a lifetime learner. The role of a tutor is not only to educate students in subject areas but to also create independent thinkers/ learners who will, eventually, not require additional tuition.
- 2020-2021: PGDE Further Education Liverpool, UK Liverpool Hope University- Liverpool
- 2020: Mental Health Certification Liverpool, UK ROAR Training
- 2020: Safeguarding and Child Protection Certification Liverpool, UK Hays – Recruiting Experts in Education
- 2018: TESOL/TESL/TEFL Certification (120 Hours) Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam Xplore Asia
- 2014 - 2018: Bachelor of Science with Honors (Single) Mathematics Liverpool, UK Liverpool Hope University- Liverpool
- 2017 - 2018: Service and Leadership Award Liverpool, UK Liverpool Hope University- Liverpool
- 2017-2018: Mathematics Tutor, Private Lancashire, UK
- Helped struggling students achieve their highest grade possible
- Obtained a 100% improvement rate
- 2018-2019: Math, Science & English Teacher/ Area Manager, IAE Vietnam
- Helped children of all ages in key areas of Math’s, Science and English
- Ran additional classes upon request of school Principle(s) to prepare students for nationwide competitions.
- Presented the companies educational software to new schools with both demo lessons and informative presentations for the school board and parents.
- Worked closely with both the sales and marketing teams to secure new business.
- Maintained a strong working relationship with the local Ministry of Education in order to keep my knowledge of the education sector current.
- 2020: Foundation Mathematics Tutor, University of Liverpool International College Liverpool
- Tasked with teaching three foundation year mathematics classes including two intermediate classes.
- Required to develop and deliver my own lessons whilst also monitoring student performance/ attendance.
- Required to deliver multiple in-depth reports throughout the academic year regarding individual student performance.
- 2020- Current: Secondary Mathematics Teacher (Placement), Multiple Locations Liverpool
- Tasked with teaching multiple mathematics classes at both further education level and A-Level.
- Required to develop and deliver my own lessons whilst also monitoring student performance/ attendance and ensuring student engagement.
- Required to deliver multiple in-depth reports throughout the academic year regarding each individual students’ performance alongside detailed lesson plans.
- Expected to implement and critically evaluate relevant pedagogy and ensure I am aware of developments educational theory.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Interests: Reading, Rugby Union, Fitness, Badminton, Technology, Coding
- Skills: Technology, Management, Leadership, and Organization